Monday, November 1, 2010

The Tree Who Helped Save the World






This is a children's story I recently wrote on my way to class and finished up this past weekend.
Its sort of along the lines of the Giving Tree...but a little bit different ;)
Enjoy.



                 The Tree Who Helped Save the World.



This is the story of a tree who helped save the world. It wasn't the
tallest or strongest tree. It did not have the longest branches or the best leaves. But this tree knew it's purpose. This tree was going to someday help save the world. It was planted by a simple farmer for a simple purpose; to help save the world.

When this tree was just a seed, God told this tree it's purpose. This tree was going to help save the world.

From the very beginning of time God had a plan for this very special
tree. He whispered into the tree's heart; "You are my tree. I have
made you and I have created you. I have a plan for you. Plans to
prosper you and show you the deepest depths of my love. You are the
tree who will help save the world."

"Life will not be easy, life will not be safe. But this life I am
giving you will be good. Because you are my very special tree who will someday help save the world."

So this little tree grew and grew and grew. The days became longer and then the days became shorter. Autumn came, and so did a long cold winter. God kept whispering to the little tree, "You are my very special tree. I love you, don't you ever forget. Keep growing strong. I will be here for you Until the very day you help save the world. And every day after, I will be here for you."

Spring came and the sun came out. Summer followed. All the while the
tree grew and grew. Many autumns came and the tree endured many long,very cold winters. Spring always came and summer always followed. God explained to the little tree that he had designed seasons of life. Seasons to grow, seasons to rest. Seasons where the sun shines, and seasons where we only see clouds.

A few more autumns came and a few more winters passed. The tree
just kept growing and growing.

One day God whispered to the tree, "You are ready my very special
tree. I have prepared you for just a time as this. Now my little
special tree, it is time to help save the world."

The tree smiled big, the way we smile when we know we are doing
something right. Then the tree said to the Lord, "Much has been given to me, and much I must give back. Now, now I will help save the world."

So this very special tree laid down the only thing he had--his life,
for the whole world. The simple farmer cut down the tree and made the tree into the most beautiful cross.

And on this very special cross made from the very special tree, a man named Jesus laid down HIS life so that all the people ever made could be free from sin and know how much God loved them.

This was God's very special plan all along. He planted a seed which
grew into a very special tree that became the Cross. And on this Cross died Jesus, the man who saved the world.




No comments:

Post a Comment