Thursday, September 9, 2010

All It Took




I was recently discussing with a good friend my singleness. I talked about how surprisingly happy I am, how I love the ways God is currently stretching and molding my heart and how I love learning to be a teacher. We laughed at some funny stories of dates gone wrong, bad set-ups, and how awkward I can be when I don't know where I stand with someone.

This friend asked me, "Kaley, what would it take to win your heart?"

My mind sobered up. Such a loaded question. I had no idea really.... a long list of character traits, qualities and things I am attracted to entered my mind. But the Holy Spirit whispered into my heart. And my heart sighed that happy, soul-deep, freely shown sigh of utter content.

And in a quiet voice I replied, "All it took was a couple of nails and a wooden cross."







And you, who were dead in your trespass and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgive us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross.
-Col. 2:13

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. -Matt. 6:21






No comments:

Post a Comment